Please contact us for color options and availability.
2017 Yamaha YZ250
Bill of Sale
2017 Yamaha YZ250 Dirt Bike
Ready to Dominate!!
Ready to Dominate!!
The King Of MX 2-Strokes
Nothing beats a YZ250 for pure lightweight 2-stroke performance combined with Yamaha reliability and durability.
- Modern Styling: Modern, aggressive styling, including front fender, front number plate, radiator shrouds, side number plates, air box, rear fender, fork guards, as well as the rear brake disc protector, rear brake caliper protector and wider foot pegs—just like the 4-strokes.
- Lightweight Frame: A light aluminum frame housing a patented YPVS™-equipped ripper of an engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- Rider-Friendly Chassis: Ultra light weight means nimble handling with less fatigue.
- New 270mm Front Brake: Larger 270mm front disc brake coupled with new pad material offers outstanding machine control and performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
New for 2017
- New Front Brake: New 270mm front disc brake (up from 250mm) also features a new brake pad material for exceptional stopping power and control for aggressive corner entries
- Two-Stroke Power: 249cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine is lightweight, compact and features an incredibly wide, hard-hitting powerband.
- Yamaha Power Valve System: Patented YPVS™ combines crisp, hard-hitting bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
- Advanced Carburetion: 38mm Keihin® PWK carburetor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS) provides precise fuel/air mixing and extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
- Race-Developed Intake: Special-design carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire rpm range.
- Close-Ratio Transmission: Smooth-shifting, five-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch.
- High-Capacity Radiator: Large-capacity radiator features a ten-row core with four louvers for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Digital Ignition: Digital CDI system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband.
- New 270mm Front Brake: New 270mm front brake system is a huge 20mm larger than the disc fitted to the 2016 YZ250 and uses an all-new pad material for exceptional stopping power and braking control.
- Industry-Leading Fork: The KYB® 48mm forks feature the Speed-Sensitive System that uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride.
- Aluminum Frame: A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ250 the best handling in the 250 class.
- Lightweight Subframe: Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- Advanced KYB® Shock: Fully adjustable KYB® shock features reduced-friction Kashima Coat™ internals, 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort. All adding up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
- Excel® Rims: Lightweight 21-inch front and 19-inch rear Excel® rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension, performance, and handling.
- Race-Ready Tires: Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
- Race-Ready Features: The YZ250 is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum handlebar, 2-position adjustable handlebar clamp, wide foot pegs, gripper seat and adjustable clutch lever with works-style cable adjuster.
- Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 66.4mm × 72.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.9~10.6:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK38S
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.4-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21 Dunlop® MX52
- Tires / Rear: 110/90-19 Dunlop® MX52
- L x W x H: 85.7 in. x 32.6 in. x 51.4 in.
- Seat Height: 39.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.7 deg.
- Trail: 4.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 14.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal.
- Wet Weight: 227 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 66.4mm × 72.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK38S
- Front Suspension
- KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 Dunlop® MX52
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.4-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- 110/90-19 Dunlop® MX52
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 227 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal.
- 58.3 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 14.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 39.1 in.
- 4.8 in.
- 27.7 deg.
- Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)